Did you know 89% of consumers remember receiving a mailing via door to door drop (more than any other form of marketing) and 45% of consumers keep a leaflet (information sourced from the Direct Marketing Association: dma.org.uk).
Although there are many different ways you can market your business, leaflet drops offer a more traditional opportunity that has certain advantages over some of the more modern methods of advertising.
Easy to Target Local Customers
If you are a local business, a door to door leaflet drop is a great way to inform people living nearby about the service you offer.
A targeted flyer distribution, along with a solid marketing campaign can ensure that only those people who are in the areas likely to buy your services will receive your leaflets. This will save wasting your money on those who are less interested in what your business offers.
Leaflets are Often Kept and Used Later
If your marketing material is appealing, the potential customer may keep hold of it as reference. This means, the potential customer has the information they need to contact you when they need your service or product.
Marketing on media such as TV or radio doesn't have this advantage and relies a lot on the audience remembering this information.
Adding Coupons to Your Leaflets can Encourage Customers
If you are promoting a service or product with a discount or special offer, you can easily incorporate a coupon into your flyer. This will further encourage the customer to keep it for future use.
Printing and Delivering Leaflets is Cost-Effective
Compared to other forms of marketing, the costs of a door to door leaflet campaign is relatively cheap. So if you are on a tight budget but need to get the word out about your business, leaflet deliveries can help keep your marketing expenses down.
Making the Most of a Leaflet Campaign
Here are some tips to help you make the most of your leaflet campaign:
- Consider a solus rather than a shared leaflet drop. With solus, only your leaflet is delivered rather than a whole bunch of them at the same time.
- Plan several distributions to the same locations. This helps customers remember your brand.
- Have your leaflet designed by a professional and make sure it has a simple but memorable message. Don’t clutter it with too much information.
- Add a special offer. This might encourage the customer to keep hold of your flyer. You should also make sure there is a “call to action”.
- Only ever use an experienced leaflet distribution company with a good reputation.
If you would like us to help you with your door to door leaflet drop, please call 07818 061159 / 0208 393 1771 or fill out the enquiry form.